Algorithmic Research Group: Algorithmic Research Group
Research activities in progress
Distributed algorithms for communication issues and resource allocation. Complexity results.
Real-time scheduling algorithms and schedulability analysis of single-, multi- and many-core systems. Shared resource protocols. Resource reservation and virtualization.
- G. De Marco, M. Leoncini, and M. Montangero, Distributed Algrithm for a
Color Assignment on Asynchronous Rings, Proc. 20th
IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium 2006 (IPDPS06), Rhodes Island, Greece, April 2006.
- C. Galdi, C. Kaklamanis, M. Montangero, and P. Persiano,
Station Placement in Networks, Parallel Processing Letters , Vol 15 (1-2), pp. 117-129, 2005.
- B. Codenotti, G. De Marco, M. Leoncini, M. Montangero, and M. Santini,
Approximation Algorithms for a Hierrarchically Structured Bin Packing Problem,
Information Processing Letters, Vol. 89 (5), pp. 215-221, 2004.
Computation of Nash equilibria for special games, such as win-loose games with few winning strategies. Complexity results.
- Marko Bertogna, Michele Cirinei, Giuseppe Lipari.
"Schedulability analysis of global scheduling algorithms on
multiprocessor platforms", IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 20(4): 553-566. April 2009.
- Marko Bertogna, Nathan Fisher, Sanjoy Baruah. "Resource-sharing servers for Open Environments", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 5(3): 202-220. August 2009. 2009 Best Paper for the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
- Marko Bertogna, Sanjoy Baruah. "Tests for global EDF schedulability analysis", Journal of Systems Architecture. 57(5): 487-497. May 2011.
- Giorgio Buttazzo, Marko Bertogna, Gang Yao. "Limited Preemptive Scheduling for Real-Time Systems: a Survey", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 9(1): 3-15. February 2013.
Topology control in ad-hoc networks. Implications of
interference and energy models on on routing and topology control
issues. Models for sensor distribution.
- B. Codenotti, M. Leoncini, and G. Resta, Efficient Computation of Nash Equilibria for Very Sparse Win-Lose Games, Proc. European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA 2006), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4168, pp. 232-243. Preliminary version available online as ECCC Report.
Algorithms for sequence alignement, design of new drugs and clustering of gene expression data
- D. M. Blough, M. Leoncini, G. Resta, and P.Santi, The k-Neighbors
Approach to Interference Bounded and Symmetric Topology Control in Ad
Hoc Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 5:9 (2006), pp. 1267-1282.
- D. M. Blough, M. Leoncini, G. Resta, and P.Santi, Topology
Control with Better Radio Models: Implications for Energy and
Multi-Hop Interference, Proc. 8-th ACM/IEEE International
Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile
Systems (MSWiM 2005), pp. 260-268. To appear in Performance Evaluation.
M. Leoncini, G. Resta, and P. Santi, Analysis of a Wireless Sensors Dropping Problem in Environmental Monitoring. Proc. Fourth ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN'05), pp. 239- 245.
- F. Geraci, M. Leoncini, M. Montangero, M. Pellegrini, and
M.E. Renda, A Scalable Algorithm for Microarray Gene Expression Data
Clustering. Proc. 1st International Conference on Digital Human Modeling, Beijing, July 2007, to appear.
Ultimo aggiornamento: February 6, 2006.
Mauro Leoncini (leoncini AT unimore DOT it)