Budget Fair Queueing (BFQ) Storage-I/O Scheduler
- All versions below v3r4 contain the following bugs:
- Memory leak: under some circumstances the references of a process
to a queue are not decremented correctly, which may prevent unused shared bfq_queue
to be correctly deallocated.
- Various errors related to hierarchical scheduling that may lead to kernel panics when
the bfqio cgroup is used (see the changelogs of versions v3r4 onwards for details)
- All versions below v3r3 contain a bug causing occasional kernel panics when moving a process to a new cgroup.
In particolar, the panic occurs if:
- the queue associated to the process was idle when the process was moved
- a new disk request was inserted into the queue just after the move.
- Apparently none at the moment